Saudi Vision 2030 is at the heart of Air Liquide Arabia strategy and future in the Kingdom. Air Liquide Arabia is committed to support the Kingdom’s transitioning toward a sustainable low-carbon economy by localizing its presence further and delivering innovative Hydrogen solutions and technologies to its customers, driving their performance and helping them reduce their environmental impact safely.
Hydrogen is a cornerstone of the energy transition. It offers a tremendous growth potential as a competitive low-carbon solution for many applications in the industrial, energy and mobility sectors. Deeply convinced that hydrogen will play a major role in the energy transition, Air Liquide intends to be a key enabler of the hydrogen society driven by technology and expertise in operating within the kingdom.
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, the Air Liquide Group is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients.
Air Liquide Arabia (ALAR) is a joint venture between Air Liquide and Saudi Industrialization and Energy Services Company (TAQA).
ALAR is the market leader in Saudi Arabia with an unrivaled hydrogen pipeline infrastructure and network on both industrial basin of the country i.e. Yanbu and Jubail. Our hydrogen infrastructure and industrial gas solutions and technologies contribute to energy efficiency and conservation of the Kingdom's natural resources, the development of downstream industry, reduced emissions, increased environmental performance, and employment opportunities for Saudi nationals.
ALAR invested over $500 million in the Kingdom and will constitute to expand its operation. Today ALAR is supplying end-users with pure, reliable and efficient hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and argon from its operationYanbu, Jubail, and Qurrayah.
7 Industrial sites owned and operated (Oxygen, Nitrogen and Hydrogen plants)
2 Hydrogen pipeline networks in Jubail and Yanbu
High level saudization rate to nurture local talent
We are the hydrogen leader in Saudi Arabia, delivering value for all our stakeholders
- ALAR’s hydrogen production facility/unit in Yanbu is a major milestone for the Group. It was the first time in the Middle East where H2 production was outsourced to an Industrial Gas company.
- ALAR’s hydrogen network in both industrial cities brings H2 directly to large industries such as refining and petrochemicals.
- We are a key player in Saudi Arabia with a real commitment to localisation and offering a platform for both Saudi talent to learn and grow, and to develop the local supply chain.
Our unrivalled hydrogen infrastructure on both coasts of the Kingdom delivers energy efficiencies to customers
- ALAR operates hydrogen pipelines and networks on both industrial cities of the Kingdom, Yanbu and Jubail, with a total length of 35km.
- The hydrogen network delivers energy efficiencies and synergies, in addition to reducing CO2 footprint, to the development of the downstream industry, the optimisation of natural resources and the increase of energy savings within the Kingdom.
Hydrogen plays an important role in a shifting energy landscape
- As a pioneer in hydrogen, Air Liquide is convinced that Hydrogen will be decisive in the energy transition. The Group is responding to the urgency of climate change and is committed to achieving carbon neutrality by 2050. Hydrogen will be key to achieving this goal by making it possible to meet two major challenges to which Air Liquide is committed: decarbonizing heavy industry and revolutionizing clean mobility.
- Hydrogen is a cornerstone of the energy transition. It offers a tremendous growth potential as a competitive low- carbon solution for many applications in the industrial, energy and mobility sectors.
- Hydrogen is critical to a clean, secure and affordable energy future and has huge potential to lower CO2 emissions across sectors in the Kingdom and worldwide. Technologies can enable Hydrogen to produce, store, move and use energy in different ways; and, Hydrogen can also store energy from renewables, which is a space that is gaining traction in the region.
ACT for a sustainable future in Saudi Arabia
As a pioneer in hydrogen, Air Liquide is convinced that hydrogen is a cornerstone of the energy transition.
Air Liquide inks multiple agreements to develop low-carbon initiatives in Saudi Arabia
To diversify its mix of products and to accompany its customers in their decarbonization journey, in 2022, ALAR signed two memorandum of understandings (MoU) for the development of the Green Hydrogen Project in Yanbu with Yasref and Luberef.
The project is inclusive of sourcing renewable energy as well as state-of-the-art electrolysis technology. ALAR is capitalizing on its experience worldwide for such complex projects to deliver efficient, safe and competitive green hydrogen solutions to its customers.
In addition, ALAR has signed two memorandum of understandings, one with Aramco, PIF, and Haliburton for Carbon Capture and Storage and one for Blue H2/NH3 to be exported to the European market.